8.12.2010

Living in the Moment

So today.....where do I start but to say I am really living in the moment just like this painting here:



I must start by saying that I woke from sweet slumber this morning quite happy.  I say that with CAPITAL letters, SLEPT.  Because for a few weeks prior, I'd not.  And it was causing a huge trickle affect for the rest of my life.  Whew.  I am hoping this SLEEP trend is here to stay.  Fingers crossed.  After morning coffee, lovely conversation on the phone and a trip to the gym I came home to my clean studio (promise to show pics, promise!) to start my pile of customer painting orders.  But then something inside me said, check out the movies Jenni.  So I did.  And I went, all by myself to see Salt.  Loved it.  I am a total James Bond, Mission Impossible movie freak....and this did not disappoint.  When I left the movies I'd missed a call......


So if you read part 1 of my interview with the very sweet Suzanne over at Blue Sand Studio this morning, she asked me a question about who I thought I was as an artist.  I replied around and into the subject saying the following, "I am someone who thinks a lot, about life and my place here. I know that there are no happenstances, and that everything and everyone is placed into our lives for a specific reason (just like your meeting me during Flying Lessons…I mean how is it that out of the 500 students we found one another?). But within this life of reason, comes a beautiful journey where doors are presented, with not every experience easily navigated. There have been times in my life where I opened the wrong door, but through the experience I gained wisdom and strength. My art continues to be a journey where I open and close doors. Allowing myself the freedom to truly nurture my creative destiny has been a wonderful experience. It has been one that has led the direction of my paintings, jewelry and sculptures. There is something so pure and raw in my work. My hope is that as a viewer you can sense the honesty and vulnerabilities I am presenting and in the end can take from it a piece of the journey. And maybe, just maybe be inspired to start your own."

So today I was living in the moment, and basking in the alone time I now have when Mary Jane of Matilda's Cottage called.  About a month or so ago she had called and asked if I wanted her to take my work to the Folk Fest in Atlanta the weekend of August 20-22.  Oh man was I bummed because it was my solo show weekend opening I'd told her and really was not sure I'd have any paintings to send with her.  And I'd definitely not be able to attend the event.  Today she called to follow up and and see if by chance I'd had the energy to paint a few for her.  Well, Mary Jane as it happens, I have about 40 for you.  WHAT?  Yep, my solo show was canceled, and honestly I'd forgotten about your offer.  So she said, BRING THEM ALL!  So as I said in my artist statement above, doors sometimes are opened and closed too quickly.  And then sometimes.....just sometimes....they are a dutch door.  I love that kind.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great News. I truly believe things always work out for the best

LR said...

excellent. i am happy to hear that a beautiful dutch door has opened for you.

Dianne said...

Very nice news!

Suzanne said...

That's fantastic! Isn't it amazing how opportunities come to you. I guess you just make yourself always open, and always willing to say "yes!" Good for you.

gypsysticks said...

Yay for dutch doors!

Related Posts with Thumbnails