3.08.2011

Coming Home.....The Show

Hey GUYS!!!!  I'm BACK.  I had to take a day to absorb all that happened this weekend.  Because it...was...amazing!!  Seriously.  We drove in from Atlanta Friday afternoon and got to the gallery around 4pm.  It was ALL ready, all set, and all so beautiful together!!  I know, I painted them so I am a little biased.  But to walk in and see the work I'd poured my heart and soul into for 6 weeks weeks straight finally on the walls and not the piled up in the garage,well it was a teary moment.  Actually I had many teary moments.  Let's see one was when I realized I'd received flowers from 4 different people (awwww), once when I walked in on Saturday and found Atlanta peeps standing in the gallery to surprise me (soooo cool) and last, that first glimpse into the room.  At that moment was an overwhelming sense of proudness.  A feeling that tingled all over my body that finally, I'd made it.  I've made history with my sweet paintings of birds, trucks and bikes.  Wow.


The gallery is in an old house Vero has renovated. My work filled the walls of the front left room.  The opening was 5-9PM Friday night at 1-6PM on Saturday.  So many friends and family members came  despite the horrible weather!  In fact, many of my friends from childhood have never seen my work in person.  Seeing as how I was the singing dancing chick in High School, the paintings are a new thing for them.  I liked seeing their expressions and hearing their comments.  Warmed my heart so!  Even parents of high school friends came to support me, and BUY!    Many of my parents friends came to support the show, and BUY as well!  We like that word, Vero and I.  :)


Flowers from BFF Aimee. 


Saturday I demonstrated my texture technique.  Those around were very intrigued, with many questions.  I actually got a little nervous....and I don't ever get nervous even when singing in front of hundreds!  The painting turned out adorable....look for it later in the week.  Hint:  there will be a give away!!!

I literally have 100's of pictures from the weekend.  Many with family and friends that attended.  I'll attempt to get those onto Facebook later this week.  Right now though, my Dad is here at the house and we are finishing up tons of projects around the house to get it on the market by the end of the week.  So I guess I should head on now.  Paint is calling me...and trim. 



14 comments:

mama bleu said...

a huge congratulations!!! you are an inspiration to me!

JoyaJewelry said...

WOWWWYYY!!! How fantastic! What a great gallery showing! Congrats! Loved your outfit by the way :)

Felicia said...

Oh! I am soooooo thrilled for you!! how proud you must be to see your work displayed like that. YOu deserve every success!

nacherluver said...

Hooray!!!! Congrats!!! Happy, happy day!!!! I'm happy for you!!!!!

(can you tell?)

:)

Jen Bowles said...

Your show (and you) looks absolutely wonderful!! Wish I lived closer! Congratulations on your achievement and all your hard work! And good luck prepping your house:-)

Kerri said...

WOW. your stuff looks GREAT. way to go!

Our Southern Nest said...

Congrats on the show! Everything looks amazing. I know you must be so proud and excited and you should be!

Antoinette said...

How WONDERFUL! Congratulations! Your work fill the room with beauty! Wish I could be there in person to see it and take it all in.

Lorrie Everitt Studio said...

Wow ... amazing. Wish that I could have been there to see it in person.

You should be very proud and happy.

Alicia said...

Congratulations Jenni! That gallery room is a perfect match for your joyful artwork. I'm glad everything turned out so well.

Tammy Gilley said...

so exciting! congratulations!!

Terri said...

Everything looks so beautiful. Congrats on an amazing show! Terri

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! From the pics it looks stunning - I am sure it was even better in person!! ox Renee

Beth Macre said...

Congratulations on such a successful show! It looks great in the pictures! I love your work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails