5.27.2011

Decatur Arts Festival

I know it probably seems like I've been in a lot of art shows over the past 3 years.  And I suppose I have....but they've been ones in my comfort zone.  Does this make sense?  Like Dunwoody and Norcross for instance....they are both run by these 2 amazing women who invite the artists to participate.  And then  there are the holiday shows, and that's a whole other blog post.  It's a different show attitude and application process.  This year I decided to branch out a tad and apply to some new shows that were Juried.  Like Sweetwater for instance.  And then the BIG one, Decatur Arts Festival.  Which is THIS WEEKEND!!
Yes.  This weekend.  I am so excited to be showing at this festival.  It was a different application process which was a bit scary.   They even called me after I submitted everything and said, "Make a decision, painter or jewelry artist."  Obviously I chose painter.  It has been a wonderful few weeks focusing just on painting.  I've been pushing my creative bones to the limit and loving every single composition.  This was the last one painted, and by far my favorite.  The colors, the papers, the texture...it all came together in a huge way.  The painting is about 40"x40" in this unbelievable powder blue 6" wide vintage bead board frame.  It'll take a special spot, and a special buyer to want such a giant happy camper painting.  But this being such a reputable show in its' 23rd year....I think there just may be the right buyer!

So if you are in the Decatur, GA area this weekend, come on by and say hello.  My tent is going to be on Clairmont Ave.  booth #4.

8 comments:

Melissa I. said...

I'm really hoping to come to the festival and will definitely stop by your booth. Since you had to choose between painter and jewelry artist, does this mean you won't have jewelry on hand??

mama bleu said...

Best of luck at the show. I wish I lived closer. I definitely would stop by.

Nathalie Nayer said...

Ohhhh Waouw! That one is GORGEOUS!!!

Unknown said...

Well, I suppose I could sneak a pile of jewelry into my booth. So if you ask for it I can show you. Just can't have it out. :(

Isabel said...

Good Luck and Have FUN!!!!:O)

bee good design said...

Hi Jenni!
Great to see you today and your work looks just terrific. Hope your new camper found a great home this weekend! But I'm sure you've got a great "holding" spot somewhere if not.
Kate

Mechelle said...

I didn't realize you were there.I was there on Saturday. I would have stopped by an introduced myself.

Melissa I. said...

Jenni, it was great meeting you this weekend! I have to tell you, this painting is more fabulous in person!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails