1.20.2012

Teaching Little Hands

I was about her age when my mother taught me to cross-stitch.  So I guess she's not too young to be stitching away while most of her little friends are watching American Idol or playing sports.  I kind of love that she's got my hands.

So why embroidery?  It all started while placing the finishing touches on the studio over Christmas.   I pulled out a pillow I'd embroidered a truck onto years ago.  She was smitten, much like I am when a new skill is tickling my creative bones.  So last weekend I broke down and taught...well rather gave her some tools and a fabulous book on embroidery.  She's been stitching since.  Yep.  She's my girl.  And I can hardly stand that she's making her BFF a cow stitched pattern she wants to make into a pillow for her birthday.  A 10th B'day that is.   Oh, and I should totally mention that she draws out all her own patterns.  Man, I am bubbling over right now with joy.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Hooray! That's awesome!

katie purcell said...

JENNI,
I READ YOU BLOG ALL THE TIME.
LOVE SEEING YOUR STUDENTS ARTWORK ON THE WALLS AT THE SCHOOL WHERE YOU TEACH. LOVE YOUR ART AND HAVE SEVERAL OF YOUR THINGS....BUT THIS, THIS PRECIOUS PICTURE OF YOUR LITTLE GIRL FOLLOWING IN HER CREATIVELY GIFTED MOTHER'S FOOTSTEPS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE BLOGS YOU HAVE DONE.
HAVE FUN WITH YOUR GIFT...ART AND YOUR DAUGHTER.

Unknown said...

Katie you just made me cry.....puffy heart tears though.

Unknown said...

Oh so sweet! Your blog is AWESOME Jenni! My little girl is all about cross stitching, too!!! I'm so glad you took the time to leave a sweet note because I'm WAY in love with your blog!!!

XO, Aimee

Unknown said...

PS I'm your newest follower and would LOVE to have you link up on Wednesday to my linky party!!!

XO, Aimee

Christina said...

My grandma taught me to cross-stitch when I was a girl. It was one of the greatest gifts I remember from Grandma Slack. Thank you for reminding me that I should teach my daughter. You have a beautiful site that I look forward to exploring more of.

Related Posts with Thumbnails