1.23.2013

Sometimes Love

"Sometimes love is what we need to reach new heights".......J Horne

In about 48 hours Tiffin and I will be setting up for the first ever Southern Circle Retreat.  Wow.  A little seed was planted in the fall of 2011 when we attended Art and Soul in Portland together.  We discussed what we loved about the big retreat atmosphere but how we longed for a more intimate setting where we could truly discover ourselves and art in a special weekend.  Fast forward to the summer of 2012 when I started hosting the PSW workshops in my home.  After having people come from literally 3 states to attend a one day workshop I said to Tiffin...now or never.  Let's do this!  So we started the journey in August.  Luckily we balance each other perfectly.  Her strengths are my weaknesses and visa-verse.  This retreat is everything I'd want as an attendee.  A special way to socialize, yummy food, amazing projects, amazing setting, and 10 people who don't know each other.  Perfect.  I'm packed, pretty sure she is too.  I'm not nervous at all.  Teaching is my passion.  And with as much joy and love as we have invested into the weekend.....well as photoed above, sometimes it's pure love for what you do that can help you to reach new heights.  Skills are great....but when passion comes into play then.....then you can be simply amazing.

3 comments:

Melissa I. said...

CAN NOT WAIT!

Darcy said...

Yay for you two for making your dream happen! Can't wait to hear all about it :-)

Gigi said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! We arrive at the Lake House TOMORROW! Yall I am just so EXCITED!! I cant wait to meet everyone and JUMP right into CREATING together!! Safe travels and see you at 7pm TOMORROW!! happy dance!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails