12.11.2013

2014 Word of the Year

Word of the year.  I joined the trend several years back and love the process.   Each year I feel like the word chooses me .  Even when it doesn't make much sense.  Usually the word reveals its' true meaning at some point during the year and becomes woven into my being.

This year the word I can not shake is UNRAVEL.

When you look it up in the dictionary it says:
verb: unravel
1
undo (twisted, knitted, or woven threads).
2. investigate and solve or explain (something complicated or puzzling).

I feel like personally I need to do a lot of undoing.  From the inside out.  Unraveling my inner soul and allowing the true me to reveal itself.  I've been sitting on a ton of anger, resentment and general unhappiness for years.   Billy and I are both working on some of that right now.  Trying to recapture what it is that brought us together.   Life has been traveling at a speed that quite honestly has aged me physically and mentally.  I'm willing to investigate what it is that my body needs to be truly happy and finally allow myself some freedoms.  For years I've set such unreal expectations for myself.  Such that when not met I become angry, which then creates a domino affect at home.  You get the picture right?  The past month my art has truly come to life and has begun to tell a new story.  

Years ago I talked about the common thread running through my work and how I enjoy adding to my sweater.  Layer after layer I've added to that common thread....until now.  I think it's time to pull the tiny thread that's sticking out and unravel it to a pile of yarn.  And start again.  

Yes, this year I plan to unravel.  What do you plan to do?




                                               

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow, Jenni.....very profound!! You do have me thinking....
Can't wait for Southern Circle

Hugs, Chris Rohloff

Related Posts with Thumbnails